We respect your privacy and hold ourselves responsible for its protection. Accordingly, and acting as a “data controller” under Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL) No.6698 and relevant legislation, we have prepared this Clarification Text to allow you to be familiar with how the personal data is processed and used.
All TRT channel coordination offices, including but not limited to TRT World, TRT Arabi, and TRT 2 (“Corporation”) may process personal or private data by technological resources as “data controller” in order to broadcast breaking news, live updates, and developing stories around the world in line with the vision, mission and basic values it has adopted. In processing the data, all the necessary security measures to process and retain such data are taken. As a “data controller” under Personal Data Protection Law No.6698 (“PDPL”) and relevant legislation, we process your personal data to the extent explained below.
This Clarification Text has been prepared in accordance with Article 10 “Data Controller’s Obligation to Inform” under PDPL for informing you about the identity of the data controller, method of and legal grounds for collecting your personal data, the purpose for which such data will be processed or transferred for what purposes and to whom, data processing period, and your rights listed in Article 11 of PDPL. In the Clarification text, the definition of “Personal Data” covers also your “Sensitive Personal Data”.
Your personal data may be collected directly or indirectly, as written, oral or in electronic form through websites owned by and/or associated with the Corporation, social media platforms, mobile phones, mobile applications, and all other similar channels and via other automatic or non-automatic means depending on your relationship with the Corporation. Your personal data may be created, updated and processed throughout your relationship with the Corporation and may be retained both on digital and physical media.
Your personal data may be processed or transferred for the purposes defined in the second item below and following the terms and purposes of personal data processing as stated in Articles 5 and 6 of Law No.6698.
The Corporation collects and processes your Personal Data to develop our services, to keep you informed about the developments in our services, to improve and promote our services, and to conduct our business activities in a complete and precise manner.
Under the terms and conditions for the processing of personal data set out in Articles 5 and 6 of the PDPL, the Corporation shall process your personal data for these primary objectives, including for the purposes are as follows:
- Manage our customer portfolio;
- Use all publications, information, documents, and images created within the scope of TRT Forum and announcing the activities of TRT to a national and international audience;
- Communicate through any means of communication as part of in-house services and developments, service programs and activities;
- Archive and analyse our website visitors and users;
- Develop and manage any type of digital applications including our social media accounts;
- Perform copying, back up and archiving to prevent data loss;
- Ensure fulfilment of all rights and responsibilities which are required and/or mandatory under legal regulations;
- Perform responsibilities concerning data retention, reporting and providing information, requested by judicial and administrative authorities;
- All other purposes defined in PDPL;
- Perform listing, reporting, validation, and analysis about the usage of all products and services offered by the Corporation, to produce statistical and scientific data and improve our products and services accordingly, to increase satisfaction regarding our products and services, and to customize user experience accordingly;
- Perform market surveys, promotions and necessary notifications about products and services of our Corporation, to evaluate complaints and suggestions, to contact you directly via communication channels shared with the Corporation;
- Determine, develop and implement business strategies and legal compliance processes of the Corporation;
- Plan and manage the financing of all services rendered, and issue invoices for the same;
- Fulfil requests to participate in organizations such as training, workshops, etc.;
- Making all necessary announcements and notifications following the purpose and mission of the TRT Forum event,
- Take all the necessary technical and administrative measures for the system and applications as part of data security.
1. Information about to whom and for what purposes your Personal Data processed within the Corporation may be transferred is provided below.
Your Personal Data, processed as part of Personal Data Protection Law (“PDPL”) No.6698 and relevant legislation, limited to purposes described in the above mentioned Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data, and in accordance with Article 4 “General Principles” and Article 5 “Conditions for Processing Personal Data” and Article 6 “ Conditions for Processing of Personal Data of Special Nature” of PDPL, may be transferred, when necessary and within the framework of conditions and purposes for processing of personal data in line with the Articles 8 and 9 of PDP Law, to legally authorized real person and/or legal entity third parties, to business partners, subcontractors and suppliers of their affiliated centres and/or units, and to local and/or international real person and/or legal entity third parties with whom the Corporation outsources services on contractual basis in order to conduct its products and services or collaborates in any area.
2. Information about data processing period is provided below.
Limited to the purposes mentioned above, your personal data shall be processed in compliance with the data processing time periods and statute of limitations included in all laws and other legislation which the Corporation is subject to. In case of any change in laws regarding data processing periods, the newly defined periods shall be taken into consideration.
3. With the circumstances stipulated in Article 28 of PDPL titled “Exemptions” being reserved, you are entitled to apply to the Corporation under Article 11 of the Law, in order to:
- find out whether your personal data is processed or not;
- request related information, if they are processed;
- learn about the purpose of processing and to find out whether your personal data is used for the intended purpose;
- obtain information on the third persons to whom your personal data is communicated within the country or abroad;
- request rectification if your personal data is processed incompletely or inaccurately;
- request erasure or destruction of your personal data as stated in Article 7 of the Law;
- request that third parties to whom personal data are transferred are notified of the transactions made under to sub-paragraphs (e) and (f);
- object to the occurrence of an adverse outcome due to the analysis of your personal data exclusively through automated systems; and
- claim compensation for any damages incurred as a result of the unlawful processing of your personal data.
4. To apply in writing or electronically, please fill out the “Data Owner Application Form” on here and follow the methods listed below.
For the requests submitted in writing;
You can deliver a wet signed copy of the Data Owner Application Form, along with a proof of identity, to Corporation’s address, either in person or by proxy with a notarized power of attorney indicating that you are authorized to make an application regarding the rights listed in Article 11, or through a Notary Public by sending your application to Kuruçeşme Mahallesi, Ahmet Adnan Saygun Cd. No:83, 34347 Beşiktaş/Istanbul.
For the requests submitted electronically;
You can submit the Data Owner Application Form by sending it to the e-mail address provided on the corporate website or via software or applications developed by the Corporation application if the same is available.
The requests submitted to the Corporation shall be replied to in writing or electronically, as soon as possible depending on the nature of your request and in any case no later than 30 (thirty) days, on payment of the transaction fee determined in Article 13 of the Communique on the Procedures and Principles of Applying to Data Controllers.
5. Contact Information
You can submit your request to claim any of the above-mentioned rights to the following address or e-mail address.
Turkish Radio Television Corporation
Address: Kuruçeşme Mahallesi, Ahmet Adnan Saygun Cd. No:83, 34347 Beşiktaş/Istanbul.
Phone: +90 (212) 326 3000 / +90 (212) 403 4600